Site Selection / Evaluation
Power Purchase Agreement
Electricity Production License
Procurement and Construction
Testing and Commissioning
Operation & Maintenance
Type of PPA based on:
1. SHP 10 MW and less
2. SHP above 10 MW to 30 MW
- To develop a small hydropower in Malaysia, project developers must first identify and select a suitable site for building a small hydropower plant.
- Concurrently, permission for grid connection must be obtained.
- Typically, project developers establish a special purpose company (SPC) to develop, construct and operate a small hydopower plant. The establishment of such company must be done from the outset.
- Several permits must be obtained from the government and relevant authorities.
- A provisional license must be obtained from the Energy Commission, allowing a project developer to generate electricity in Malaysia.
- Financing must be secured from banks or financial institutions.
- After the final closure, procurement and construction may then proceed.
- After completing the construction of small hydropower plant, inspection and testing must then be conducted.
- After COD, operations at the small hydropower may commence.