Site Selection / Evaluation
Power Purchase Agreement
Electricity Production License
Corporate Fiscal / Legal
Procurement and Construction
Testing and Commissioning
Operation & Maintenance
Type of PPA based on:
- To develop a large Solar PV project in Malaysia, project developers must first identify and select a suitable site for building a large Solar PV plant.
- Concurrently, permission for grid connection must be obtained.
- Typically, project developers establish a special purpose company (SPC) to develop, construct, and operate a large Solar PV plant. Establishment of a special purpose company must be done from the outset.
- A number of permits must also be obtained from the government and relevant authorities.
- A provisional license must be obtained from the Energy Commission, thereby allowing the project developer to generate electricity in Malaysia.
- Financing must be secured from banks or financial institutions.
- After the financial closure, procurement and construction may commence.
- After completion of a large Solar PV power plant’s construction, inspection and testing must take place.
- After COD, operations at the large Solar PV plant may commence.