Site Selection / Evaluation
Power Purchase Agreement
Electricity Production License
Corporate Fiscal / Legal
Procurement and Construction
Testing and Commissioning
Operation & Maintenance
- To develop a small Solar PV project in Malaysia, project developers must first identify and select a suitable site for building a small Solar PV plant.
- At the same time, permission for grid connection must be obtained.
- Typically, project developers establish a special purpose company (SPC) to develop, construct and operate a small Solar PV plant. The establishment of such a company must be done from the outset.
- Several permits must be obtained from the government and relevant authorities.
- A provisional license must be obtained from the Energy Commission, allowing a project developer to generate electricity in Malaysia.
- Financing must be secured from banks or financial institutions.
- After the financial closure, procurement and construction may then proceed.
- After completion of small Solar PV power plant construction, inspection and testing must be conducted.
- After COD, the small Solar PV plant may begin operating.